Join us for a day of quiet contemplation, yin yoga and enriching meditation to take your practice to a deeper level. From 10 am until 3:30 pm we will observe mouna (silence) apart from instruction from the teacher. This provides an opportunity for you to completely tune into self for deep exploration into your inner world as we let go of external distractions and rest deeply in the stillness of the group energy.
The day will begin with a short introduction to the four foundations of mindfulness and guidance on how to incorporate them into your practice. We will then move through some yin yoga poses to open the hips for sitting. The sessions will be 30 minutes long; some guided, some silent and some walking meditations to connect with nature. A healthy lunch of hearty soup and salad will be served, followed by a delicious dessert. The day will end with chai and an opportunity to share your experiences. *Those without prior experience of meditation would not be best suited to this workshop.
What to bring:
- A meditation shawl or blanket (there are some blankets at the studio)
- A meditation cushion or stool if you have one (some mats, blocks & bolsters are available)
- Wet weather gear for the unpredictable English weather
- Warm comfortable clothes – layers and warm socks are a good idea
- A water bottle
- A watch – preferably a quiet one!
- If you bring a mobile phone, please keep it switched off and leave it in your car